Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Year's Model

Last year I warned the six people who read this blog that I would turn it into another one of those aw-shucks-isn't-that-cute things where people write about the books they read. So here it is, the third incarnation of the Pretzel Logic blog, which hopefully will turn visitors both known and unknown onto books they might not have known about, or begin discussions on books they've already read. (I deleted earlier posts, but kept those that seemed germane to the new mission statement.)

As far as the types of books I read, I use the all-purpose term 'eclectic' to describe my tastes. I'm willing to try any kind of book at least once, and I generally genre-jump (for lack of a better term) from book to book, so feel free to throw recommendations my way. I really only have one steadfast rule in selecting my reading material: what I read next should differ (at least superficially) in style and theme from what I just read. It keeps me engaged and prevents me from souring on otherwise revered authors and stories. And I don't read James Patterson, so stop asking me. Life is just too short.

I'll try to post reviews to each book I read (unless it's so blah that I can't muster up the enthusiasm); I'll also try to double back on books I've read recently that warrant the effort. First up: a modern noir set in a newsroom. Count me in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwing said...

I'm pro this year's model.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home